A wooden church was built on the site in the 12th century and was replaced by a brick temple at the end of the 13th century. In 1802 it was taken over by the Austrians who turned it into a military magazine. Later the Russians - turned him into a prison, from where the exiles were sent to Siberia. At the turn of 1922/1923 it became a hospital for typhus patients. Between 1930-1939 it functioned as an old people's home, then a psychiatric ward of the municipal hospital. After the war, archaeologists worked here before the building was finally returned to the church in 1978. In 1985, after the reconstruction, the church was consecrated and has served the local community since then.

During the occupation the building was already in a very poor condition, so Germans, not knowing how to use the facility, allowed it to be used as a psychiatric hospital. Dr Jerzy Borysowicz was in charge, using all available medicines and treatments. After the ghetto was created, the hospital building was within its borders. Jews also found a shelter here: among them Mordechai Anielewicz, the leader of the Jewish Fighting Organization. Dr Borysowicz also took care of the patients from the hospital for infectious diseases in the ghetto (the Beckerman house in Warszawska Street was adapted for this purpose).
After the liberation, Dr Borysowicz continued his work, helping those suffering from mental illnesses. He died in 1980 and was posthumously awarded the title of Righteous Among the Nations in 1984.

More information about dr Borysowicz and other residents of Radom helping Jews during the occupation in the "Righteous Among the Nations" section.

1 – 4 : The view of the former psychiatric hospital, 1960s,  the Institute of Art of the Polish Academy of Sciences